The first goal was to keep track of time. I think I met this goal. I kept checking the clock, and we even had alarms set so that we wouldn't lose track of time. We spent our time wisely, didn't go over the filming deadline, and turned in our final video with about 15 minutes to spare. However, we made the mistake of not using the yearbook students for actors instead of just our group to act, this set us back. Besides that, we used our time productively. However, I think we should have spent more time on thinking of an idea. The idea we settled on wasn't that good, and I think we just rushed trying to brainstorm because last practice we took a long time thinking. If we planned more then I think we could have tried to come up with a better idea. For the next practice, this is a goal our group could set to improve. Other than that, I met the goal of keeping track of time.
The next goal I had was to check the shots to make sure that they are good. Being that I am the photographer, I am in charge of filming the shots and checking both visuals and audio. We used the DXA-SLR Mini Box, but for some reason, it caused even more hiss! So, we decided not to use the box to minimize the hiss in the shots and just play back the video to make sure the audio was okay. The visuals of the shots were okay I guess. It wouldn't of hurt to put in more sequences and different shot angles. I think what made it a little hard was that since all 3 of us were acting, someone had to press record then go into the shot. For next practice, a goal our group could set to improve is to put in more sequences and get different angles and compositions for the shots. I don't really think I met this goal because the shots were sloppy and it could have been better.
The last goal I stated in my last constructed response blog was to edit well. When I say edit well, I meant matching the audio levels, avoiding jump cuts, and making sure that it is exactly 30 seconds. I think I met that goal. All of the shots were hitting in between about -6 dB to 0 dB, where it should be. I don't think there were any jump cuts. Lastly, the video's total duration was 30 seconds, not a frame over or under. So, I think that I met the goal of editing well.
In conclusion, I met two goals of three that I set last week. I met the goals of keeping track of time and edit well, but not checking the shots. Some new goals to add on to help our group improve are planning our idea more, and getting more sequences, different angles and compositions, and not having sloppy shots. I think what our group needs to work on more is our idea. The idea for this past practice wasn't that good, it was generic and wasn't creative. Hopefully we will do better the next round. Until then, that's all for my constructed response! Thanks for reading! Bye!