The first thing I wrote to improve was by filming better interviews, specifically compressing the shot and audio. I'd say that I didn't meet that goal, unfortunately, and I'll tell you why. All of the interviews we shot were in fact, not compressed at all! The background was very noticeable, and messy, and I am not proud of it. It was decompressed because there was no space between the camera, interviewee, and background. It was hard to compress the shot because we were in a small, tight office. The other places in the restaurant had very loud air conditioning. For the audio, two of the interviews had pretty okay audio; you could hear it clearly and it was a good volume level this time. However, on another interview, the audio was bad. You could clearly hear the air condition, and that wasn't good. Even though we won't have to do any more interviews this quarter, I'll tell you some things I can do differently for future interviews. First off, I can make sure to find a good interview space. If possible, I could scope out the place before the interview to plan a spot, versus showing up unfamiliar with the area. I can make sure that the spot I pick has plenty of room to distance the subject, camera, and background. I will also make sure that there are no loud air conditioners on, fans, wind, or any noise that can be picked up on the microphone during the interview. I didn't meet this goal, but I plan to in the future by doing those things differently.
The next thing I wrote to improve was by meeting deadlines. According to these blog posts, "Second Quarter Project Update #1" and "Second Quarter Project Update #2" Herenui and I were on track, and actually even a little ahead in the second quarter. I'm pretty proud of us and think we improved, considering in the first quarter we missed a lot of the deadlines in our planner. However, in the second quarter, we beat procrastination, got work done, and completed our goal. Meeting deadlines and avoiding procrastination is a constant struggle, so I think I'm going to keep that goal instead of replacing it. I've decided to keep it for this quarter because procrastinating is very easy to do, which makes meeting deadlines even harder. I met this goal, but I plan to try to achieve it again this quarter.
The last thing I wrote to improve was by avoiding editing mistakes. I actually think I met this goal because I think the editing turned out fine. Last quarter, l made careless mistakes like forgetting a lower third of an interview and other things too. This quarter, I decided not to be so lazy, and tried to avoid those mistakes and re-watching the whole video each time. I asked Herenui and Mr. M for feedback so that our video could be as much as it could, mistake-free. I'd say that I met this goal, and I'd like to replace it with improving by filming in sequences. Sequences are a group of shots in a certain order. Read about sequencing in a blog post I wrote called "Sequencing". I'd like to improve by filming in sequences because sequences is much better than just random shots and it tells a story easier. I met my goal on avoiding editing mistakes, and I replaced it with a new goal of filming in sequences.
In conclusion, I've met 2 of 3 goals. I didn't meet my first goal of filming better interviews, because I didn't compress the shot and the audio was bad, but I plan to keep that goal and keep trying. I met my second goal, meeting deadlines, and I've decided to keep that goal as my new one because I need more practice on meeting deadlines. Avoiding editing mistakes was my last goal, and I've met that one, so I replaced it with filming in sequences. Well that's it for my blog! Thanks for reading! Bye!